How are children and young people with SEND enabled to engage in activities available with children and young people in the school who do not have SEND?
How will my child be included in activities in the classroom and the wider curriculum?
We believe that all children have the fundamental right to access every area of school life.
- Montagu creates and reviews its Accessibility Plan annually.
- We carry out risk assessments to identifying possible issues and make reasonable adjustments allowing access to all activities.
- All children attend all school trips and risk assessments are carried out to ensure access and one to one support is provided, when required.
- Residential Visits are open to all children. Risk assessments are carried out to ensure access and one to one support is provided, when required.
- Reasonable adjustments are made on sports day so all children can participate.
- In P.E children have access to Occupational Therapy exercises and adjustments can be made to support the P.E curriculum, including 1:1 support if appropriate.
- We use specialist equipment to ensure all children are engaged in activities.
- After school clubs are open to all children.
- All Year 2 children learn to play the recorder
- All Year 4 children have the opportunity to play a brass instrument
- All children take part in workshops led by visiting writers, artist, history groups, drama groups and musicians.
- All children are eligible to stand for the School Council and Eco Council.
- Children with a visual impairment, hearing impairment, medical condition or physical disability have access plans.
- All children participate in Inspire Mornings with their parents.
- All children participate in a class enterprise scheme.
All children take part in school concerts and assemblies.