What support is available for children with social and emotional needs?
What support is there for my child’s emotional well-being?
We have an Inclusion team which encompasses SEND, Behaviour and Safeguarding. We work to actively ensure that children are safe and have the opportunity to address any emotional and wellbeing issues.
Montagu Academy is a Building Learning Powers School. We build the learning powers of resilience, reciprocity, resourcefulness and reflectiveness in every area of school provision.
At Montagu Academy we deliver the PSCHE curriculum in every class. As part of this children learn about bullying.
Any individual incidents of bullying will be dealt with by the Behaviour Team and Senior Leadership Team
We help children cope with emotional and social issues through:
- Star Time – 1:1 support to help children talk about their feelings and how to respond to them.
- Rainbows and Horizons – Programmes to support children suffering from bereavement and loss.
- Social Skills groups – teaching children how to work and play co-operatively with other children.
- Friendship groups – helping children to make friends.
- Self-esteem programmes
- Team around the Childmeetings
- Advice from other agencies.
- 1:1 support from learning mentors.
We have a sensory room to meet the needs of children with sensory difficulties.
Children with SEND talk about their needs, feelings and wishes as part of their SEND support plan.